if I am the night, then you are the moon
the more that you shine, the more that I swoon
the shadows scatter like marbles dropped to the floor
you're like a lighthouse that leads me ashore
if my nightmares are dragons, then you are a knight
one glimpse of your sword and they flee out of sight
the tower topples like a house of cards falls
you're like a fortress; I'm safe in these walls
and if you were lost at sea, I'd wish to be a star
if you were beseiged, I'd fight to where you are
and I am not a mason, but if I could work stone
I'd brick up your heart in mine, so you'd never feel alone
the more that you shine, the more that I swoon
the shadows scatter like marbles dropped to the floor
you're like a lighthouse that leads me ashore
if my nightmares are dragons, then you are a knight
one glimpse of your sword and they flee out of sight
the tower topples like a house of cards falls
you're like a fortress; I'm safe in these walls
and if you were lost at sea, I'd wish to be a star
if you were beseiged, I'd fight to where you are
and I am not a mason, but if I could work stone
I'd brick up your heart in mine, so you'd never feel alone
No comments:
Post a Comment