Never still echoes in the hollows of my heart
where it collides with ever and contends
with the truths which you in riddles impart
and somehow hope triumphs and love transcends
I have watched the days pass, changing our worlds and faces
The burden of age is heavy upon our backs
We lay down the dreams and ideals of youth for new graces
As the ruins decay I find beauty in the cracks
The lines are drawn between us and engraved in our skin
But time will not stop and our breath comes still
Faith can be a frail thing and it has grown thin
But I hold on, for what is meant to be will
2/15/12
where it collides with ever and contends
with the truths which you in riddles impart
and somehow hope triumphs and love transcends
I have watched the days pass, changing our worlds and faces
The burden of age is heavy upon our backs
We lay down the dreams and ideals of youth for new graces
As the ruins decay I find beauty in the cracks
The lines are drawn between us and engraved in our skin
But time will not stop and our breath comes still
Faith can be a frail thing and it has grown thin
But I hold on, for what is meant to be will
2/15/12
No comments:
Post a Comment