tonight the past is whispering
as lightning splits a blackened sky
the ghosts of yesterday are singing
of what it means to die
but I won't cast this love away
I won't make that sacrifice
because I know that some day
I could afford to pay the price
may be we should all let go
of what could have been, cuz it's not
but what could be will never be so
if it is never even sought
if I can be the one who haunts you
then I will not let you down
what's simple is what's true
and that's all that matters now.
as lightning splits a blackened sky
the ghosts of yesterday are singing
of what it means to die
but I won't cast this love away
I won't make that sacrifice
because I know that some day
I could afford to pay the price
may be we should all let go
of what could have been, cuz it's not
but what could be will never be so
if it is never even sought
if I can be the one who haunts you
then I will not let you down
what's simple is what's true
and that's all that matters now.
No comments:
Post a Comment